Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 39: Friday

Charles slept in his cage last night. He started whining around 1:30 am. We were NOT happy about it. I get really cranky if I don't get enough sleep and I've only been getting about 6.5 hours of sleep for the past few weeks. I woke up and thought he would stop but he didn't. We whispered about what we should do... yelling at them is only rewarding them - giving them attention, but we couldn't have him whining all night if that's what he chose to do. We did eventually yell at him and it didn't make him stop, so I put earplugs in and went back to sleep. Mark eventually let him out of the cage (he opted to not wear ear plugs).

Charlie did not escape from his cage today. After the debacle yesterday, we were pretty worried about leaving him along again. But it looks like we won! In your face, dog!

Mark worked in the evening. I got home around 7, so Charles was only alone for a few hours.

I was designing some logos on the computer and Charlie was laying behind me on the floor. I sat with him for a little bit and gave him some love. I love spending time with him like that.  It's like I'm in his world when I sit on the floor with him. I see things from his perspective. He's so little, we have to bend over to pet him, but taking he time to be down on his level puts things in perspective. He usually rolls onto his back and lifts up his leg to show us his little white belly. Hehehe. It's frigging adorable. I love that he's so comfortable and trusting of us to do that.

His stumpy little tail has been wagging so much lately. And we've learned what his triggers are!! He gets really excited and giddy when we slap our legs and use our excited voices, talking about going for a walk, or how happy he is, or whatever (it's not like they can understand us! we can say whatever we want, but the tone is what's important!). I get excited about it too. haha. I mimic his actions. His body gets all wiggly and he prances around and rocks his head from side to side and he uses his little front paws to playfully bat at me. It gives me butterflies to get him that excited. hahaha!!

Photos: Charlie sticking his head under the bed to get the orange toy, which he picked up and started playing with without any coaxing from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews