Sunday, July 1, 2012

Charlie day 12: Saturday

This morning Mark and I got up and took Charlie for a really long walk. We went to the dog park and he met a pit/lab mix named Harley. She was pretty rowdy and playful and he didn't appreciate it. We also gave him his first bath today! He was pretty good, a little scared but not scarred for life. After he got dried off, he kept shaking and shaking the water off and wagging his little tail while he was doing it. Mark and I were cleaning up and he pooped in the living room!!! Bad boy. Mark scolded him and took him outside... Not sure what good that did. He got a really nice brushing. He lost about a layer of fur and is STILL shedding!! He's got a wiry German shepherd-like overcoat with a fluffy white undercoat. He keeps shedding clumps of fluffy white fur all over. Mark left for work and I cleaned up a bit and vacuumed. Charlie didn't really seem to mind it but he didn't want to be in the same room. He's been wagging his tail a lot today when we talk to him. He's responding to the sit command more frequently, and always in response to a treat. He trots around the apartment, following me from room to room. He doesn't cower when I reach my hand out to pat his head and scratch his velvety ears. I fed him and he ate all of his food immediately. Mostly dry food with a little wet mixed in. He lays in the bathroom while I'm showering. Sometimes he sticks his head in the shower and he likes to sniff my clothes. I took him out for a half hour walk (he didn't poop or pee, but he sniffed an awful lot of grassy areas!), came back and took a shower. 10 minutes later, found a puddle of pee in the living room. What the hell! I rubbed his nose in it. Not sure if he got the message, but seriously?! We were JUST outside. So then he was cowering so I made him sit with a treat and pet him a lot. Now he's laying next to me. He looks guilty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews