Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 24: Thursday

Mark took Charles for a walk this morning and he peed! Hesagudboyyyyyy. Mark had a meeting in the city, so he rode in to the city with me, leaving Barkie home alone (that was a spell correct and I'm leaving it because it's adorable). The whole ride into the city (27 minutes) was spent watching Charles on the iCam. He was whining and howling. It was both adorable and heartbreaking :(

The iCam app has a setting to alert you when there is movement on the camera, so I would check it every now and then while I was at work. I showed a few people from work. His howl is the sweetest thing! His pattern seemed to be sleeping for 20 minutes, whining for 2, howling for 5, relaxing for 3, sleeping, repeat...

Tonight I worked with him on staying. He was laying in the kitchen and I'd tell him to stay then walk around the corner to the end of the hallway and back and pet him and tell him he was good for staying. I did it about 5 times in a row then did other things. Then I'd go back to training.

We were looking through pics of when we first saw him at the shelter and he looks so much different now! To me, he looks older, but I think in actuality he may look more relaxed. Keep in mind that we don't really know how old he is. And the shape of his body is misleading because he's little. And he does dopey things that puppies do, but he's very chill like a mature dog.

Anyway, back to the iCam. When Mark got home, Charlie had pooped in the cage. I did not see him do it so I'm not sure when it happened. At the risk of sounding gross, Mark just confirmed it was "...dried, so a few hours old".

He gave Charlie a bath and didn't scold him at all. It was past that point. When I got home, they met me outside and we went for a little walk. He didn't pee or poop. We came home, made dinner, fed Charles, watched an episode of Battlestar then took him out again. He peed! Now, the three of us are laying in bed :) and it is glorious!

And check out his adorable Mohawk!! Nothing is cuter than this little poochie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews