Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 23: Wednesday

I took Charlie out for his morning walk and he peed so he got one dried liver treat and one piece of cooked chicken and a whole lot of lovey petting. He's still in a funk :( but I put a handful of little dry treats and some broken up pieces of dried chicken treats in his orange toy and he sniffed it for a little bit but mostly followed me around the apartment while I got ready for work. As I was straightening my bangs in the bathroom, I heard him bring the orange toy from the living room into the hallway outside the bathroom. Hesagudboyyyyyy! I think now that he knows there are treats in it, he's interested. So, Mark is going to leave it with him in the cage today while he's at work.

Also, Charlie slept at the foot of the bed (on my side) instead of sleeping in his open cage last night! The first time he's done that!

Mark got home before I did and Charlie did not escape from his cage, but his water bowl was flipped over on top of the orange toy. Duh!!

He pooped AND peed during his walk tonight, so he got a delicious cooked chicken treat each time. He's been melancholy all night long. Mark played with the orange toy, trying to teach him how to use it. He is completely uninterested in toys. I'm pretty sure he (1) doesn't understand them and (2) is afraid of them. Bouncy balls, sticks, his orange toy. I've noticed that he likes white things. He carried Marks white sock to me the other day. And a white t-shirt. And an off-white paper towel. Have I mentioned that I think he may be slightly blind? I haven't? Well, I think he may be slightly blind. He likes bright colored things. And he hits his nose on our legs when he's walking, or on the corner of a wall if he turns his head. Maybe he's just not used to his surroundings and he's nervous.

Photos below: Mark and Charlie, Mark and Radar the Cylon, sleeping at the foot of the bed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews