Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 38: Thursday

Bad boy, bad boy!

Woke up with my furry 4-legged friend on Marks side of the bed. Since it was just the two of us this morning, he was more focused on me than usual, so when I put his food down he took a bite of it then followed me back to the bedroom. I wouldn't let him into the room with me. I kept trying to shoo him out into the front hallway to eat but he just looked at me like "derrrr why you so mad?" I wasn't mad but I was annoyed and I was using my stern voice. I know he's going to be home alone for a while again today and I wanted him to eat quick while I got ready so he could have a longer walk to tire him out.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I didn't hear my alarm and I woke up at 7:15. My alarm is set for 6:30. So I lost 45 minutes of leisurely getting ready for work. I was in a rush this morning! Why didn't he understand that. So I decided to get dressed in the front hallway while he was eating. He's spoiled. He finally ate all of his food and drank some agua then we were off. He went #1 & #2! Hesagudboyyyyyy. After he peed, I got the brilliant idea to jog with him to the next patch of grass. Although I don't have enough time for a lengthy walk with him, at least he got more exercise than just walking 3 blocks. We actually jogged around 6 blocks! He doesn't need to exert much energy to be tired because of his short little legs. Hehe. So I hope my method worked.

We got home and I was finishing up on getting ready and he was being stubborn about getting in his cage. But he finally got in. The iCam is on him and I left a bone in there for him. It was in there yesterday too and he didn't touch it. Weirdest dog ever!!

So with the iCam, I get notifications on my phone when there is movement. I ignored them for about an hour at work but once I checked it, I noticed that the camera had been moved. I figured, although highly unlikely, maybe the lap top screen had readjusted and fell forward a little bit. I continued listening to a podcast on the computer and watching the camera on silent. This went on for about 10 minutes until I saw a shadow in the room and blur of something to the left of the screen. I plugged in my headphones to my phone and waited for more action and then I saw it. Charles Houdini struck again. That little bugger managed to escape from his cage once again!!

I texted Mark about it and he grumbled a bit but went home. Charles had pulled everything down from the back of the door (robes and hoodies) and pulled all the clothes off my dresser. He chewed one of my hoodies to shreds and there were tiny pieces of it all over the comforter, which means he was up on the bed!

Mark couldn't stay home for very long because he had dinner plans with his family, so he took Charlie for a walk and fastened him in his cage. And whaddya know, he got out again.

Mark went to Home Depot after dinner with his fam and I was on my way home from work. He bought the bungee wraps with the plastic balls on the end. They are typically used to tie up tent canopies. We fastened those around the "problem area" and went to the grocery store. And 10 minutes after we left, he had chewed through the bungee and escaped again.

...

And he peed in the cage.

We were at a loss for words.

When we got home, we assessed the damage and divied up tasks. Mark made dinner (home made tacos!) while I cleaned up Charlie's mess. I disassembled his cage and washed everything really good in the bathtub. I had a plan. I decided to shake things up a bit by binding the door shut and using the other door, on the end. The door he was used to getting in and out of is now bound closed and placed up against the wall.

He also got a bath because he smelled bad. Spoiled!! This is his 4th bath in 4 weeks...

My iCam is set to record all motion events so I reviewed the videos and there is no evidence of his escape. It's like he apparates (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Apparition) out of it!

Mark will be home with him for the majority of the day tomorrow and Charlie will only be home alone for a few hours, I hope he can handle it.

Photos below are screenshots from the iCam of him being a naughty boy out of his cage!! And a photo of him before the third escape-with the elastic ties around the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews