Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DAY 99!! Tuesday, September 25

Home Sweet Home!!

Mark and I were in Ohio Since Wednesday evening and we returned to the city Monday afternoon. My cousin had an absolutely lovely wedding!! Congrats again, Emily and Shannon!. Marks sister graciously picked us up from the airport and we spent the evening at her house.

First things first: CHARLIE REMEMBERED US!!! He got all hyper and excited and he had that familiar look in his eye.

Second: Lisa's new puppy, Daisy is the most adorable thing on the planet. She's also the softest. If I could have one wish right now, it would be for photos to be 3-D so that you can feel how soft she is through the computer screen. But alas, you'll just have to imagine it. Her fur is basically white and she has blonde hair freckles on her face and her front legs. She's the same size as Charlie right now but she's going to get pretty big. I can't wait to see her all grown up!!

Charlie seems happy to be home. The time away from us did him some good - especially the time away from me. This morning, I put his food out for him to eat while I was in the shower and he ate all of it. Usually when I get out of the shower, the bathroom door is pushed upen because he will peek his head in to make sure I'm in there then go lay in the hallway, facing the door so he can see me when I get out of the shower. Lol. That was not the case this morning! He was laying in a part of the hallway where he couldn't even see me! Progress!!

A major thing that bothers me right now is that he doesn't listen. Sometimes we play out in the hallway before we bring him into the apartment. I brought him in from his walk earlier and made him sit and stay on the landing across the hall. Then came over to our landing and stood in front of our door. He got distracted by the noise of someone coming down the stairs and he would not come to me! I feel like an idiot standing there and calling him all excitedly and patting my legs. I don't know what to do... I should probably start keeping treats on me at all times and associating a treat with coming when he's called. I supposed it's just going to take time. It's most frustrating when we are someplace where he has a large area to run, run, run. I'm worried he will run into a busy street! Maybe it's time to buy that 25' training leash...

My Guys :)


Charlie and Daisy



Cylon Radar cleaning his paw paws



aaaaaaaaaaaa smiley doggie

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww. :)

    Absolutely, re the training to come when called. You need to reward it. It's just like teaching any other task... Sitting, laying down, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews