Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 94 (apparently) - Charlie's on vacay

Hey!

This is Lisa, Mark's sister.  Meaghan and Mark are off living the good life in Ohio for a few days, and Charles is crashing at our place.  We have a new puppy so I was a little nervous how these two would get on.  At first, Charles was having none of the puppy's nonsense.  She'd get a little too in-his-face and he would growl at her.  Him! Charlie!  I could barely believe it.  But I'd tell him in a stern voice to mind his manners and he'd shut right up.

Well, that was yesterday.  This morning while I was making my kids' lunches I hear them growling at each other in the living room.  I went in thinking I needed to break up a little tiff, and they were playing!  Charlie was doing a little play-bow and everything.  :)  However, as I'm sitting here typing this, Charlie's laying near my feet and Daisy came over to try to hang out with him and he acted like a prick again.  Dumb dog, she's just a baby and she wants to be your friend.

A bunch of our neighbors have met Charles so far and they've all remarked at his goofy looks and his very mellow demeanor.

He also took the longest pee in the history of everything last night.  My husband and I were in quite a state of disbelief.

Charles looking at something the puppy was doing

Sharing the water bowl (when the puppy's not trying to dig in it)

Charlie acting all mellow while my toddler, Katie, acts like a spaz.  He will put up with anything from the kids but that damned puppy irks him to no end!

I tried to get a little of the quick bout of playtime but I caught them at the tail end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews