Friday, June 29, 2012

Charlie, day 1:Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We went to pick him up this morning. He was neutered yesterday. Brought him home in a cab, he was wrapped in a blanket from the shelter. Curled up between us, he was shaking. Got him home, Mark took him across the street to where he could relieve himself but he cowered and laid down in the tiny patch of grass. Came inside and immediately found the open and inviting cage, where a sheet and pillow were laid down for him. I went to work and Mark stayed home with him all day. He closed the cage and Charlie wandered around aimlessly. He ate some cooked chicken and drank some water. Met another dog on a walk. Didn't go to the bathroom at all, or eat any dry food out of his dish. When I got home, Mark came to the door to greet me and he stepped out of his cage for a minute and looked at us then went back to lay down. I laid next to his cage for a little bit, petting him and talking to him, and I gave him a treat, which he ate immediately. I'm going to get up at 6 to walk him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews